IF ONLY LOVE WAS ENOUGH...

My inspiration couple! 

As they gazed into each other's eyes that night, I saw sparks fly and I knew it was no other thing than 

that four-letter word.I moved closer as I was inquisitive about how it was all going to end. Happily 

ever after or not? 

"Please don't leave me, I'll stand by you, I'll be there for you", he said as he looked into her eyes. I 

felt the words hit me and I only wished she would agree and not look the other way but, she wasn't 

having it,she was bent on leaving and she was bent on moving forward. 

He couldn't hold himself again as he burst into tears and said "if only you would tell me why then, I 

will know what to do and amends my ways, I'll be perfect for you!"

 "It's not about you,it's all about me", she said. She loved him,that I know or at least I could sense it 

but if only love was enough then it would have been perfect. "It's not about you,it's all about me",she 

repeated.

"I have my life all planned out.I have dreams, goals but I can''t achieve them with you,I have to do

this alone. Please, just let go and wish me luck."

 He knew nothing else could change her mind as she was bent on leaving and at that point he knew 

he just had to let go. 

She didn't look back as she walked away from him and he watched her leave knowing he might 

never see her again and, it was going to take a while before he gets back on his feet.

I felt tears drop from my eyes as I watched him stand miserable and lifeless, I couldn't help it as 

the tears flowed effortlessly down my cheeks. 

I walked away in silence as I thought to myself if only love was enough....

Comments

Popular Posts